We are Open! Please Read our Safety Procedures
Due to concerns associated with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in accordance with the most recent guidance issued by local authorities, we are currently open for indoor permitted events of 50 guests or 50% capacity, whichever is fewer. As soon as state and local guidelines allow indoor events to resume at a higher capacity, we will offer permits for that capacity allowed under the guidance.
Here is information to review about hosting gatherings at Indoor Pavilions. Let us know if you have any questions or need further clarification- we are here to help.
Indoor event capacity is limited to 50 people or 50% of the normal building capacity, whichever is lower until state and local regulations allow more. This count must include event vendors but does not include staff. Maximum capacities are listed below:
- Thatcher Woods Pavilion: East Room 40, West Room 20, Entire Venue 50
- VRC at Edgebrook Pavilion: Community Room 50, Classroom 20, Entire Venue 50
- Dan Ryan Pavilion: 50
If the number of guests at the event is greater than allowed capacity, staff will notify the permit holder once. If the permit holder does not immediately adjust the number of attendees, staff will notify Forest Preserve Police. If this occurs, the security deposit ($100) will be deemed non-refundable and the permit holder will be subject to event dispersal and citations by the Forest Preserve Police.
Permit Holder Responsibilities:
- All attendees must wear face masks unless seated at their table eating
- Congregations of people at entry/exit points and other areas must be limited
- All table configurations have to be a minimum of 6’ apart and no more than 10 guests/table
- No dance floors/dancing is permitted
- Buffets are permitted if hand sanitizer (provided by permit holder) is placed at both ends of the buffet or self-service station and signage (provided by permit holder) is posted requiring hand sanitizing before visiting buffet
- Shared condiments (ketchup bottles, s&p shakers, etc) should be eliminated and replaced with single packet condiments or single use items
- Permit Holders are urged to bring hand sanitizer for themselves and their attendees, this will not be provided by the forests preserve/staff
- All staff will wear face masks and gloves and practice frequent hand washing and changing of gloves
- Frequent sanitization of common touch points will be done (doors, bathrooms, kitchen)
- Staff to maintain 6’ distance from permit holders and guests when possible